Dog Money World learnings from X Media Lab
Dog Money World were lucky enough to workshop Crime Plays at X Media Lab over the weekend. It was an intense and invigorating two days, and we were lucky to speak to some amazing mentors.
Here are our key take outs:
- Test and iterate early and often.
We’ll be soon having prototype testing days - if you’d like to be in this group we’d love to hear from you via the form here: www.crimeplays.com or simply via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting investors relies on test results
Any extension of a project needs to be predicated on some form of success, so to prove your concept start with a test beta group and get the stats!
- Launch local, allow to go global.
- Deeply involve social play. Users must use their network of friends to progress through the game.
- Create the story world before you create the interface
It was an amazing weekend, and thanks to @warrencoleman, @ArvD, @rajivprakash, Gerry Gouy, @playbe, @jdevylder, @docbaty, @bon_zai, @corvida, Anuraj Gambhir, and @mpesce for giving up your time and awesome advice!